Gates McFadden8. December 2016
John de Lancie13. December 2016
Of course, a good ship needs a good counselor. That's why we are pleased to announce that Marina Sirtis will support her TNG colleagues at FedCon 26 in Bonn.
Marina Sirtis was born in London, UK. Her Greek parents didn’t want her to become an actress. But as soon as she completed high school, she secretly applied to the Guild Hall School of Music and Drama. After her graduation, she worked in musical theater, repertory, and television. In 1986, she moved to Los Angeles, California. For six months, she auditioned for parts but was unsuccessful. As a last attempt Marina Sirtis auditioned for the part of Tasha Yar in TNG, but she felt that her audition was unsuccessful and was just about to jump on a flight home to London. Only minutes before she did so, they called her and told her she had gotten the part of Counselor Deanna Troi. It was a lucky change of fortune, for Marina and for the Star Trek fans. No one could have acted Counselor Troi better and more convincing than Marina Sirtis. She was the perfect actress for the half-human, half-Betazoid ship’s counselor.
In 2006, Marina said in an interview: "Being on Star Trek: The Next Generation was the best experience of my life" – as well as for us! Let’s give Marina a warm welcome to FedCon 26 and let’s look forward to her, her stories and her entertainment.
- 2017 - 5th Passenger
- 2013 - 2016 - Star Trek Continues (TV series)
- 2009 - The Grudge 3
- 2005 - Star Trek: Enterprise (TV series)
- 2002 - Star Trek: Nemesis
- 1999 - 2000 - Star Trek: Voyager (TV series)
- 1998 - Star Trek: Insurrection
- 1996 - Star Trek: First Contact
- 1994 - 1996 - Gargoyles (TV series)
- 1994 - Star Trek: Treffen der Generationen
- 1987 - 1994 - Raumschiff Enterprise - The Next Generation (TV series)
Sources & additional links for Marina Sirtis: